Why work for us
We’re in the business of relationships.
Our people choose Bibby Financial Services (BFS) because they want a company that values people over numbers. We respect and believe in each other, and our clients.
Our employee promise
We’re in the business of relationships. We’re just as invested in stories and people as we are facts and figures. That’s what makes us stand out from the crowd.
Our partnerships with clients are based on their ambitions. Our focus is to get to the heart of who they really are and the difference we can make. From rising stars to well-established businesses, our clients mean the world to us, because our investment means the world to them.
We know real value lies in real people, and it takes a motivated mindset and can-do attitude to belong here. It can be fast-paced and full-on but we can handle it. We’re a collective of ‘got your back’. We collaborate together, take ownership when we need to and deliver for our clients every time. That way, everybody wins.
In return we’re all empowered to get the job done because we’re trusted to get it right. It’s why we were hired in the first place. We want you to make the choices you believe in – we’ll believe in them too.
There’s no place quite like BFS and we’re proud of that. And it’s all down to you - thanks to you, every ambitious business wants to work with us.
We believe that colleagues who live our values and really bring our employer brand to life should be noticed and actively appreciated. Once a year we roll out the red carpet to recognise our best, most talented people as nominated by their colleagues for the outstanding contribution they make to the company.
Through our Giving Something Back scheme, our colleagues take part in volunteering, fund raising and donating to charitable causes close to their hearts. You can choose what charity you want to fundraise for, and then we all work towards it.
In 2018-19 we raised
for 77 charities.
But ... as with everything we do, it’s not just about the money!
Giving Something Back days let us reach out directly to the heart of our communities and come together to do the right thing. From building relationships with local schools and charities, to running an annual Christmas Dinner for older people.
There’s so much we can do, and new ideas are always welcomed
Our Sustainable Business Futures initiative is designed to reduce our impact on the environment. We’re making a difference in specific areas that affect our work, such as using the mantra ‘Refuse, Reduce, Re-use, Repair, Recycle’, mindfully minimising our carbon footprint, and we always evaluate the environmental impact of all our business activities.
Some of our achievements to date include
- Powering our head office by fully renewable energy
- Recycling points for paper, plastic, metal and glass in place in all offices with crisp packet and confectionary wrapper recycling in our larger offices – 1000s of packets saved from landfill every year’
- Introduction of recycled stationery products across the business.
- Removal of all plastic containers in our head office employee restaurant and all food waste is sent to local farms to be recycled.
Inclusion and diversity
To us, diversity isn’t the end goal, but a means to a more inclusive workplace, where everyone feels accepted, valued, respected and supported. One of our core values is to ‘do the right thing’, so we work to provide equal opportunities for all our colleagues to reach their full potential. As part of this, we’ve put a number of structures in place, including:
- To reduce unconscious bias we offer Inclusive Recruitment training for all hiring managers, we have a fair and objective assessment process, support for those that require adjustments, gender balanced interview panel wherever possible & working with providers who specialise in attracting a diverse range of talent.
- We have enhanced our maternity, paternity and parental leave policies.
- We’re a signatory to the Women in Finance Charter.
- We’re recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer.
- We have provided Mental Health First Aid training for colleagues
- Our senior leaders demonstrate our commitment to progressing inclusion and diversity at BFS across the business. We believe in dialogue not monologue, so we make an effort to listen and encourage honest and open debate.